Ahhhhhhhhhh IKEA!! Everyone put their hands up who loves IKEA! 🙋🏼♀️🙋🏼♀️🙋🏼♀️ And it’s not just because they have a massive cafeteria in the middle of their shop haha. This post started out as something similiar to my Kmart home decor post, but then I realised… I actually love IKEA more for its furniture and home storage options! Like who doesn’t love to be organised?? I first purchased a lot of these items after my Konmari decluttering last year and they have been serving me really well since then!
Similar to Kmart, I love IKEA partly because of how organised and up to date their website is. Seriously it makes such a difference with people like me who like to plan everything online.
I think I hold the record for the shortest amount of time spent in an IKEA store… 10 minutes. WHHHhaaat??! Yep haha I finished up a late shift at around 7.30pm and I had until 9pm to get up there and shop before they closed! So I put together a super solid shopping list – not just with the name of the items but also the LOCATION!!! Best thing ever is that on their website they have a section that tells you the items location AND whether it is in stock. I was in and out in 10 minutes and was as proud as punch haha. No distractions and I managed to find all the little shortcuts through the showroom floor… which I actually still use to this day.
Now before you start reading the descriptions look at the names of these things! It honestly sounds like a very bizarre hardware shopping list!! So just follow the links haha.
- Batting (in grey) – The two smaller boxes store and hide away my (dwindling) collection of CDs. Seriously I looked everywhere in IKEA to find a box that would fit my CDs and suit my colour scheme and these babies were it!!! I use the larger box to store all my baby photos and also the photos from my photo wall that I used have have at my folks place.
- Moppe – This box has seriously been a life saver in terms of organisation. I’ve seen so many different uses for it, but for me, it is perfect as my make-up storage box. It sits by my mirror in our bedroom so I can just plonk myself down and get straight to it. The perfect number of drawers and the different sizes are super helpful. For me all my eye make-up is in the bottom drawer, I’ve got a ‘face’ drawer and a ‘lips’ drawer on the next level up. Then I’ve got a ‘primer’ drawer and one for beauty blenders, eyelash curler etc. and finally one for my contacts. Boom… all my make-up stored and organised!
- Sockerbit – You may have spotted these awesome things in our bathroom reveal… they are awesome for fitting in the cupboard of the vanity and easily slide in and out for me to access my massive collection of junk haha.
- Bullig – These beauties live in our massive 5×5 cube bookcase in our living room. That bookcase is kinda stacked to the max and I still want it to look presentable for when we have guests over. So these cute wooden style boxes are perfect for hiding things away.
- Kuggis – Ahhhh these are my paper storage boxes. I’ve got one for my 2016 UK holiday trip, one filled with memories like cards and tickets and one filled with my High School mementos. I love that they stack so easily into each other and they fit surprisingly a lot! I got some of the large storage boxes for my scrapbooking goods, but I’ve mostly sold that now so I get to find a new use for them!!!
- Skubb – Lifesavers for your wardrobe… seriously!!! I use these in our chest of drawers to help keep socks and undies from crossing into enemy lines 😂 The mix of sizes are perfect to fit into our IKEA drawers and I plan to attack and organise Jakes side soon with some more of these (watch out babe!!!).
- Godmorgon – The name of these sound kinda scary haha but these are what I use for storage in our bathroom. The clear plastic means it is super easy to see what is in them, but I also really love the hole on the top… means I can pop my bobby pins back into them without having to take the lid off #winning? #orjustlazy?
- Pudda – This little guy is a little pop of decor in our massive bookcase. Exactly what I was explaining before… to making things disappear. This little guy hides my hats and a few clutches.
- Brankis – Last but not least – this one is on my wish list!!! And he is gonna be a massive space saver in our itsy pantry! Can’t wait to put it to good use. But guess what that means… our pantry reveal is COMING SOON 🤗.
So after all that, who now wants to go to IKEA with me… and not just for those delicious meatballs haha. Actually Jake and I are planning a trip up to IKEA again this weekend!! #lifegoals #couplegoals