I am on a serious Broadway soundtrack kick at the moment… like its been a good couple of months of exploring and listening to new and old musicals, singing along, trawling for videos of the productions and I am seriously loving it!!! There are some super talented people out there (both writers and artists!) and not everyone knows about them.
I’ve loved musicals for as long as I remember with Mum introducing us to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins and Sound of Music from a very young age. I have seen numerous live productions and have another 3 booked in the next year already! 🙊. And while I have some long term favourite musicals, there has been a whole selection of new (to me) productions that I’ve had on repeat recently and at every opportunity trying to get my friends, family, even strangers to listen to them haha. Sadly not everyone has my love/obsession for musicals.
So here is my top 15 song selection… and before anyone gets upset, I’m not forgetting the amazing Wicked or Hamilton haha… but these are some of my new favourite songs that have been on repeat in the car, shower and just in life from the beginning of this year.
- Circus of Your Mind – Finding Neverland
- Carrying the Banner – Newsies
- My Petersburg – Anastasia
- Watch What Happens – Newsies
- Bad Idea – Waitress
- When Your Feet Don’t Touch the Ground – Finding Neverland
- I Never Planned On You/Don’t Come a Knocking on My Door – Newsies
- What’s Inside + Opening Up – Waitress (technically these are two separate songs but they link together so they totally are one song right??)
- What You Mean To Me – Finding Neverland
- In a Crowd of Thousands – Anastasia
- You Matter to Me – Waitress
- Neverland – Finding Neverland
- It Only Takes a Taste – Waitress
- All That Matters – Finding Neverland
- She Used to Be Mine – Waitress
I hope you enjoy listening to my favourites. Boy that was hard to narrow down! There are so many that I love and seriously my top favourite changes every few days (like Circus of Your Mind only bumped to the top on Saturday).
What is your favourite musical? Or song from a musical? Any recommendations of what I should check out next?